Friday, June 5, 2009

Fifteen Books In Fifteen Minutes

Found this on Book Addictions blog:

This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.

Here goes:

1. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
2. A Little Princess - Frances Hodgson Burnett
3. Sophie's Choice - Styron
4. Harold And The Purple Crayon - Crockett
5. The Onion Field - Joseph Wambaugh
6. Yertle The Turtle - Dr. Seuss
7. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer - Mark Twain
8. Bel Canto - Ann Patchett
9. Fried Greeen Tomatoes At The Whistle Stop Cafe - Fannie Flagg
10. Go Ask Alice - Anonymous
11. That Was Then, This Is Now - S E Hinton
12. Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen
13. Jane Eyre - Bronte
14. The Lovely Bones - Sebold
15. The Age of Innocence - Edith Wharton

7 comments:

  1. I accidentally left Jane Eyre off my list. It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - my list would be so much different :)... that's a good thing right?!

    Have a great weekend, Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've got The Age of Innocence on my shelf. I bought it because I loved the film so much. I might pick it up very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mari, my list would have been different if I would have spent more time with it. I really never include anything I've read in the past few years on lists like this because I still don't really know if it will stick with me long term.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. MsMac--if you loved the movie, you'll enjoy the book; the movie was very faithful. It is slow moving but such a wonderful portrait of a time and place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour !
    first time i come across your blog, so im gonan visit it now :)
    well if you wanna be inspired by my collage or just dream, come and visit my blog :)
    a bientot!
    Boubouteatime xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea, and I think I want to do the same list on my blog! But fifteen seems like a lot...with a memory as bad as mine.

    You have a lot of great books on your list, some that I would love to read.

    ReplyDelete