Friday, March 30, 2012

Bloggiesta Ole!

It's that time again - the time when book bloggers more or less say to our non-blogger readers "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" as we tinker with our blogs to make them better and more useful for our readers.

Bloggiesta started this morning and lasts through Sunday so you're going to be seeing a lot of Pedro this weekend: plan, edit, develop, review, organize. There will be mini-challenges as bloggers educate each other and we all work hard to learn something new that will improve our blogs. I'll be doing some learning and working to update some areas of my blog this weekend but mostly I'm going to be working to organize things. Here are my plans:

* clean up my labels   - done with this as much as I'm planning on doing (or not-looks like this will be ongoing)
* create a comprehensive list by title of all of the books I've reviewed here - in progress
* get caught up on my feed reader and clean it up
* learn to use Google tools to organize my review books better
* clean up my email
* create new header
* check out at least five of the mini-challenges and try to join in some of the Twitter conversations

Mini-Challenges:
1. The Bluestocking Society's Five Ways To Spiff Up Your Blog Challenge
2. Fiction State of Mind's Events Challenge
3. Melony's Musings Five Tips To Write Book Reviews Faster
4. Katie's Book Blog Twitter & You (finally feeding my post directly to Twitter!)
5. Beth Fish Reads:  Labels and Tags (oh, sure I found this one after I spent hrs on my tags & gave up on them--now back to it!

This is certainly less ambitious than the list I usually put together but I've absolutely got to get my taxes done this weekend and those pesky FAFSA applications completed (for those of you without college students, these are the apps for loans and they take even longer to complete than my taxes do!). Plus we'll be celebrating Easter with my side of the family Saturday so my time is limited. I'll likely stretch Bloggiesta out for the coming week as far as completing my personal projects!

***On a whim, because I thought it sounded like a lot more fun than cleaning up my tags, I decided to redesign the blog and FINALLY create a header that is more personal. I'm pretty happy with the result but dang, people, that was NOT fun!

13 comments:

  1. This is my first Bloggiesta! I'm so excited!!! Hope you accomplish all your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me about the Bloggiesta weekend! Whatever you're doing have a good one as you work on your blog as well as spending time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time with this! I know you will get a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to tinker with my blog and make some new friends! I just followed you on Twitter bytheway
    Adios!
    Sim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead of you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I jumped in on this too, even though I really don't have time. I have a boat load of reading to do in the next two days and I'm going out of town Sunday. That being said, I did already cross off two things on my list. Imagine that!

    Hope you accomplish what you set out to do. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even think about my email. ARRGHH!! There is so much to do. It's funny how my list grows as I read other list. LOL! Good Luck on your Bloggiesta To Do List!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck this weekend!

    I didn't sign up but plan to do a few things. It's raining here so I have a good opportunity to sneak screen time. :)

    Oh... I do need to finish this week's painting project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first Bloggiesta so if you have any tips, I'd appreciate it!
    I want to create a review list, too, as well as a list of the books I've read.

    When you have some time, could you tell me where and how your created the twitter button and linked it up with your account...that's something I'd really like to do!

    Happy Easter, have a wonderful celebration with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you have some great things you want to work on! I probably should do some blog cleaning too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the view in the header! Good work there, it should count towards one of the bigger bloggiesta makeovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I like that you included the twitter conversations, sometimes I forget to socialize :S

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Which Google tools are you going to use to organize your review books? If you would let me know, that would be great! Great job so far!

    ReplyDelete