Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Salon - March 24



Happy first weekend of spring, although temps in the 20's and snow aren't really very encouraging signs that we'll soon be wearing pastels and shorts.

Here's What I'm:

Listening To: The Plague of Doves by Louise Erdrich. Yes, yes I am finally finished with The Enchantress of Florence. As much as I whined about it, I'm not sure I really realized how much work it had become until I stuck in the first disk of Plague and remembered what it was to enjoy listening to a book again.


Watching: Lordy me, I'm watching a lot of college basketball, cheering on the hometown Creighton Bluejays (both the men and women's teams made the tournaments) and the Husker women. I don't watch much basketball the rest of the season, but I do love to watch the tournament.


Reading: The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin. Just getting started with this one. I've been reading so slowly this month that Mystery March has been a complete bust, only one mystery book read. I'm not sure Mystery June has quite the same ring to it but that's just what may happen.

Making: A lot of guacamole and everything else I can think of using avocado in since they've been a great price in the store this week and we love them so. I highly recommend avocado in chicken salad!

Planning: Some spring spruce ups around the house - a little painting, some rearranging, and a lot of cleaning. It may not be warm enough to throw open the windows yet but I'm getting started anyway.

Grateful for: The sunrise I saw Friday. I'm telling you it was one of the most beautiful sunrises I've ever seen and a wonderful reminder that there is beauty in everyday.

Loving: Laughter with my family. Four of us got to go out Friday evening to celebrate some good health news The Big Guy had and we had so much fun together.


Thinking: The world is a very scary place. Listened to a retired detective talk about a book he wrote about a crime in Omaha that scared the sh*% out of me the other day. Little Pollyanna out here in the burbs - I know that there are very bad people out there but it still takes me by surprise any time I'm confronted by just how bad they can be.

Looking forward to: My sister is moving this week; she'll only be a few blocks away from me now. I'm, believe it or not, looking forward to helping her get moved into their new place.

What are you looking forward to this week?

5 comments:

  1. I loved Plague of Doves on audio as well. Shadow Tag is good as well and you must read her latest book as well.

    I love avocado in salads and it's so good for you.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be curious to read your final thoughts on Plague of Doves - it's been on my tbr shelf for years! College basketball is big here now (you know we all bleed Orange) and I'm looking forward to having all the girls home for Easter. Daughter #1 arrives by train on Thursday and it's spring break time for the college students. Have a great week, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plague of Doves- hit or miss author for me so I will be waiting to read your thoughts!!! I love all things avocado so I could be a very happy camper at your house right now!!!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avocados are my fave but they are like $3 each here.

    ReplyDelete