Monday, July 29, 2013

High Summer Readathon - It's A Wrap

The High Summer Read-a-Thon wrapped up yesterday and while I didn't get quite as much reading done as I'd hoped to, I did get two books read and got a good start on a third.

True, I didn't have much choice about getting through The Chalice since I had to read it in time for a scheduled review. Also true that I might well have made the time to read all of Beth Hoffman's Looking For Me readathon or not. I was hooked from the first paragraph and Hoffman had me in tears by the time I was done reading, something that very rarely happens.

My plan going into the readathon was to read a book for review after The Chalice followed by something I've had on my bookshelves for a while. For that book I chose Alice Hoffman's The Ice Queen; I've read about a fourth of it so far and should be able to finish it in the next couple of days.

Even though I didn't get as much reading done as I'd hoped to, the High Summer Read-a-Thon may just have kickstarted my reading mojo again. I'm excited to be reading again; thanks, Michelle!


3 comments:

  1. That's still a lot of book to get through! Glad it's kickstarted your reading again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Beth Hoffman's book was so good! I hope to read it one of these days.

    It sounds like you had a good time during the read-a-thon, and I'm glad it's helped you get back into reading. I saw it mentioned on Twitter this weekend, but hadn't heard of it before then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me happy to know that my novel helped you get your reading mojo back!

    ReplyDelete