Wednesday, July 23, 2014

High Summer Readathon

Michelle (The True Book Addict) is once again hosting the High Summer Read-a-Thon which runs this summer from July 21 through July 27. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm late but it's already been that kind of week. Although, in my defense, I've been occupied by things that are book related. Monday evening Miss H and I spent the evening watching "Orange Is The New Black" on Netflix. I even finally broke down and ordered the book (and, hey, Barnes & Noble, why has my order STILL not shipped?). Then last night I had book club. So...

Monday I started Amy Bloom's Lucky Us, which, 50 pages in, I'm really enjoying. The plan is to finish that by tomorrow. Friday I'll get back to Elin Hildenbrand's The Castaways which I started a while back but had to put down. I had too many books going on at that time with big casts to add another one. I'm hoping to have time to finish that one, too. Although I might be distracted by Hemingway's A Moveable Feast which I'm, frankly, surprised to find myself really enjoying. Hemingway and I have had something of a love-hate relationship, light on the love.

What are you reading this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment