Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward To In 2015


This week the lovely girls at The Broke and The Bookish have invited us to share the top ten books we're looking forward to in 2015. As I'm always playing catch up (and trying to work through the back log of books I already own), I never really have a list of books to be published in the upcoming months, let alone the next year. So my list will include books that will be published in 2015 so my list will surely change a month from now. But for today, and in no particular order, as usual, here are the top ten books I'm looking forward to reading in 2015.

1. River Of Smoke and Flood of Fire by Amitav Ghosh: books 2 and 3 in the trilogy that started with Sea of Poppies which I'm just finishing up on audio right now. River of Smoke is already out and Flood of Fire will come out in the spring of 2015. You may recall that I'm terrible about finishing up series so these may come as a surprise, but one of my goals in 2015 is actually to do just that.

2. The Snow Queen by Michael Cunningham, author of The Hours

3. Dancer by Colum McCann, author of Let The Great World Spin

4. The World Made Straight by Ron Rash, author of Serena and The Cove (this is a reissue)

5. Funny Girl by Nick Hornby, author of About A Boy and High Fidelity


6. West of Sunset by Stewart O'Nan, author of Songs For The Missing

7. Careless People: Murder, Mayhem and the Invention of The Great Gatsby by Sarah Churchill

8. The Lotus and The Storm by Lan Cao

9. Miss Emily by Nuala O'Connor

10. A World Elsewhere by Sigrid MacRae

4 comments:

  1. Great list! Careless People and A World Elsewhere look really interesting! Look forward to seeing what you think of the rest of the ones I'm not as familiar with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for reviews--#7 about The Great Gatsby sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to the The Snow Queen on audio and struggled with it a bit (although the narration by Claire Danes is excellent) - I wonder if I would have followed the story better in print.

    Excited to see that Nick Hornby has a new book - I love his novels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be out of the loop because I haven't heard of any of these!

    ReplyDelete