Sunday, March 22, 2015

Life: It Goes On - March 22


Happy Sunday! It's been a gorgeous weekend here and I hope that those of you who ushered in spring with a snowfall will soon be the recipients of some of this warmth. What a treat to have an early spring! We've eaten quite a lot of meals on the patio in the past week and will again today, with the daylilies and iris coming up around us.

This Week I'm:

Listening To: So, after I watched Les Miserable on tv last week, I listened to the music the next day and I cannot get it out of my head. Seriously. It's been the soundtrack of my week. Finally had to crank up some Radiohead, Foo Fighters, and Violent Femmes on my way home from work on Friday to drive something new into my brain. Have you ever had an earworm like that?

Watching: March Madness, baby! We don't have a horse in the race but it's still great fun to watch.

Reading: So my friend, Lori, and I agreed to read some Faulkner starting March 1. Some how, I got into my head that we were reading As I Lay Dying and I was well into it before we were talking and she said "Aren't we reading Light In August?" Why, yes, we are. But I was far enough into As I Lay Dying by then that I went ahead and finished it and, finally, this week started Light In August. Which is reminding me why I loved Faulkner so much when I was younger. And making me wonder why in the world it took me so long to pick him up again.

I swear the corned beef was not that pink!
 Making: Reuben sandwiches, twice, as our version of corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day. The Big Guy isn't a big fan of sauerkraut so he made them one night with slaw instead. Which was fine. But it wasn't a real reuben so I had to make them again with sauerkraut before Mini-him and I were sated.

Planning: On doing taxes this week. And packing Mini-him, who will be moving out next weekend. Again.

Grateful for: Lots of time with my kiddos this week. Miss H has been around much of the weekend and, even as I type, Mini-me has arrived for the afternoon and my boys are chatting behind me.

Two of my brother's
photographs that I just
ordered and can't
wait to hang!
Enjoying: Making plans for some major rearranging and painting. How much will depend on how far on board I can get The Big Guy and how much furniture Mini-him takes with him.

Also, BG got a new toy that will transfer our old VHS tapes onto our computer and it has been so much fun to watch them again. We're getting to see footage of those we've loved and lost and watch the kids when they were little. I can't tell you how often I've been heard to say "Ohhhhhhh" in the past few days!

Feeling: Remarkably at peace.

Looking forward to: More of the same this week. Time to read, time to play with the house, time with family. My brother and sister-in-law will be in town next weekend and I can't wait to spend time with them.

6 comments:

  1. I love sauerkraut! We didn't have corned beef at all. Bad planning on my part. Just too much going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as if your having some good family time at the moment and eating out on the patio must be very pleasant! Have a good week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sandwich looks YUM! I think its awesome you rediscovered Faulkner :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never picked up a Faulkner, unfortunately. I need to remedy that. I'm loving the warmer weather. The cherry blossoms will be blooming by next week here. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Feeling: Remarkably at peace." What an amazing feeling!! And earworms? Let it Go. UGH!!!!!!!! :) I was at sewing class WITH ADULTS last night and one of the ladies had it as her phone ringer. I had the song stuck in my head the rest of the night.

    Love those prints! Gorgeous settings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the gorgeous weekends continue! It has been somewhat rainy here but today was a gorgeous 70F day! I haven't read any William Faulkner but would sure like to start with one of them.

    ReplyDelete