Sunday, February 19, 2017

Life: It Goes On - February 19

That picture there, on the left? Nothing whatsoever like the weather we have had for the past week. It has been gloriously sunny and warm here. Record high temps warm. Cocktails on the patio warm. Doors and windows open warm. Not that I'm for losing the polar ice caps or for having deathly heat waves in the summer, but it's hard not to be a fan of global warming when you have a week in February like this one! Next weekend I'll be talking about snow again; but, for now, I'm a happy girl!
This Week I'm:

Listening To:

Watching: I finally started watching The Crown on Netflix and I'm really enjoying it. Poor Elizabeth - she lost her beloved father and had this great pressure put on her all at once. Can't wait to find time for some more episodes.

Reading: I'm setting aside The Girl In The Garden for a couple of days to read Dust Bowl Girls: The Inspiring Story of The Team That Barnstormed Its Way To Basketball Glory. I downloaded it from Netgalley but also had been sent a ARC of it. I put the ARC in the hands of my brother-in-law who used to coach women's basketball and he is really enjoying it.

Making: We grilled several times this week so I haven't really "made" dinner too much; I did make up a delicious beef stroganoff one night. Best thing I made this week was lemon martinis I made Friday night when we had cocktails on the patio.

Planning: On a home repair of my washing machine. Paid a guy to come out because it was leaking like crazy. He gave us an estimate of $400+. That wasn't happening so we tried a couple more things ourselves and it is hardly leaking at all any more. Then we discovered we can get the part for a fraction of what the guy wanted and there are YouTube videos for the repair itself. What could go wrong?!

Thinking About: Oh, let's be serious. You already know the answer to this one.

The Big Guy's brother & his wife and the view from their deck of Lincoln
Enjoying: Time with The Big Guy's brother and sister-in-law, especially getting to sit on the deck of their condo building on February in nothing more than a cardigan!

Miss H
Feeling: Happy to see my girl so happy in her life these days. Seriously, how great is that smile?!

Looking forward to: Book club this week. We all reread a childhood favorite and I can't wait to see what people chose and how it held up to their memories of the book.

Question of the week: Do you ever go back and reread childhood favorites? If so, how did they compare to your memories of them? I've read Little Women a couple of times as an adult and I still adore Jo March

5 comments:

  1. Your daughter does look happy. Nice picture. The weather has been interesting and nice here, with a bit of rain thrown in. The more rain we have in February, the better the bluebonnets are in April. Love them! Interesting that your group is reading a childhood favorite. I'd love for you to tell us what they read - if you get so inspired as to take notes. Ha! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always scoff when my kids watch YouTube videos, but I will say they are the handiest things ever when it comes to learning how to do something. My husband has done a few home repairs just by following videos posted there. A huge money saver, and you learn something to boot. Win-win. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grilling is cooking! Miss H has a beautiful smile. Thanks for sharing her photo. I watched the first episode of the crown and really enjoyed it.

    Good luck with your washing machine! I hope you guys can get it fixed up quick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone keeps recommending The Crown. I will have to give it a try. I admit lately I've been leaning more toward the sci-fi shows on Netflix, but I really do enjoy other types of shows too, I swear. :-) I hope you are able to fix your washing machine. We've had ours for over 15 years, and I keep waiting for the problems to start. I haven't read too many of my childhood favorites, but i look forward to doing so, especially as my daughter gets older. I hope you have a great week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bookclub meeting would be right up my street: I love rereading books from childhood! Also, "The Crown" is gorgeous. I do find that I need to be in a particular mood to sink into it, but it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete