Friday, April 7, 2017

Mama Shepp's Family Recommends


It's back, Mama Shepp's Family Recommends! A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...oh, wait, that's a different story. A few years back, I started sharing recommendations from my family; there are quite a lot of readers in my family, of diverse and interesting tastes. Then, as I do, I forgot to remember to ask them what they were reading and enjoying. Also, forgetting to share what they have recommended with you.

A couple of weeks ago, the Rhodys (my aunt and uncle, who live in...wait for it...Rhode Island), recommended Peter Heller's Celine. I'm familiar with Heller's work (The Dog Stars and The Painter) but I've never read any of his work or heard about this one. Of Celine, Uncle Rhody says:

"The premise was, to me, off-putting---an elderly couple of investigators who specialize in reuniting families. It doesn’t require many pages to find yourself completely taken with these people and their relationship. Plus, the story becomes very interesting and takes you to some places you have probably never been. Which is one of the great charms of fiction."

I agree! Have you read this one? If so, what did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have a family of readers :) I've never read any of Heller's works, but I have heard of Celine. I have it on my kindle and can't wait to read it. Sounds like its going to be quite an interesting story. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete