Monday, December 4, 2017

#AMONTHOFFAVES - These are a few of our favorite things

Any one here surprised that on the 4th, I'm already behind on A Month of Faves? I won't keep up anyway; I never do because that requires I spend a lot of time writing posts and we all know that's not going to happen. On the other hand, I'm not going to get a lot of book reviews posted this month, either. So I might as well have something to post!

For the first, our hosts have asked that we post about some of our favorite things in 2017.

In no particular order, here are a few of mine:

Two Dots: I don't actually play that many games but this one has me addicted. To the point where it has cut into my reading. It may be time to take it off my phone.

My bullet journal: I haven't done as much creatively with it this year but I love having a planner that allows me to be entirely freestyle without boxes that I have to try to fit into. To-do lists, calendars, gift lists, party planning, some drawing, and even actual journaling. Now that I've moved to a permanent book, I'm going to be keeping these so be able to look back on in the future.

Gold Bond Healing Foot Cream; My current favorite foot cream. I had my first ever pedicure this summer and it took a whole lot of this stuff to help my heels after that.

Grace and Frankie: My favorite series this year. It's funny, touching, sad. Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are so good. I can hardly stand the wait for the next season.


The wedding: Of course, my very favorite thing of the entire year was Mini-me's and Miss S's wedding. It was a crazy busy week, I got a little cranky sometimes, not everything went exactly as planned, and was exhausted when it was over. But it was everything the two of them wanted which is all that this mom wanted from the day they announced they were engaged.

What were some of your favorite things this year?

2 comments:

  1. I can understand why the wedding was your favourite experience this year. It's good to look back and recall happy moments and remember other things that happened during the year. The journal is a good idea. I've kept a diary for years and they're useful when chatting with grandchildren about shared memories. (Having some of them with us in Italy during the Summer was one of the highlights of my year). Writing facts down jogs my memory! I wrote a fuller journal this year and I want to continue with that in 2018. All the best, Lisa, as you prepare for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That foot cream is surprisingly good. Their hand cream is pretty good too but smells a little too masculine for me to wear on a daily basis.

    My fave things right now:

    Satsuma Body Butter from The Body Shop. I get so many comments on it and it instantly makes me happy.

    My Olay Anti Aging Night Cream. Less than $10 and it's gotten rid of all my fine lines and evened out my skin tone in less than 6 weeks. Smells nice. Light. Doesn't make me break out.

    The Christmas Lights on my desk. I brought some in and decked out my space and it's so cozy in here. I have lots of people visiting me all day long just to hang out and take a break.

    These watercolor paintings my daughter has been doing. They are small but make me happy. I have one on my desk right now and it takes me out of this work space and into a happier place.


    ReplyDelete