Sunday, March 18, 2018

Life: It Goes On - March 18

Happy Sunday! How many of you were part of the crazy masses out celebrating St. Patrick's Day yesterday? We did our usual reuben sandwich version of corned beef and cabbage and tipped some Guinness. The Big Guy and a friend went off to hear another friend's band play in the evening but this girl stayed home. I hate being in crowded places!

We are officially in that in between part of the year where one day you come out to find some sleet on your car and the next day you are eating dinner on the patio. Yep, you read that right - we ate dinner on the patio on Wednesday. BG thought I was crazy when I ran in the house telling him to help get food ready in a hurry so we could get outside while it was still 70 degrees out. But you know how much I have been looking forward for dinner-on-the-patio season!

This Week I'm:

Listening To: Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides which I have been putting off for several months since I found out it was a book about a hermaphrodite. I just wasn't sure how anyone could write a book that long about that subject. I'm about 20% of the way through it now and just blown away by Eugenides writing. Why did I wait so long?!

Watching: College basketball since Thursday. "Our" teams haven't fared well this week but I am so into cheering for the teams I picked on my men's bracket!

Reading: I finally finished The Revolution of Marina M and had to turn to something completely different which ended up being Mallory Ortberg's The Merry Spinster. Fairy tales always pick me back up!

Making: Besides the aforementioned reubens, I made some chicken and rice last Sunday which we've used in a number of ways this week, including chicken nachos. We also did BLT salads.

Planning: The bridal shower is next weekend so I'm putting the final touches on that, including putting together a game which is taking much longer than I anticipated.

Thinking About: My kids are big on my mind this weekend.

Enjoying: My new hair color! I wish I could have gotten a good pic the day I walked out of the salon so that you could really see the red in it. So fun!

Feeling: Edgy and unable to focus. Which is not good considering I need to read a lot today to finish my book club book before Tuesday. Which leads me into...

Looking forward to: Book club Tuesday and shower next weekend. The shower means I get to see family I haven't seen in months so I can't wait for that!

Question of the week: Games at bridal showers - yea or nay?

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of games at bridal showers, but since my daughter is in her mid-30's, I don't have nearly so many to go to as before. Now, baby showers - those I'm still going to. LOL

    I think this year March Madness has shocked everyone. My husband is still shaking his head and saying his bracket is a washout. And Middlesex is really good, right? I liked it so much when I read it several years ago. Who knew that subject would be so interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Middlesex is a wonderful read. I am so glad you are finally getting to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm anti-games at showers of any kind but I'm not really pro-shower so I'm not sure how valid my opinions on this are! I heard that March Madness went off the rails early this year so I imagine there are a lot of brackets busted! Our weather is all over the place too and right now it's cold and I'm not happy about it! Hope your week is going great!

    ReplyDelete