Sunday, April 22, 2018

Life: It Goes On

Well, we're not quite to the picture on the left  yet; but, after getting snow again this week, the local weatherman did tell us that winter is dead. I can't eat on the patio yet, but there's hope.

And that's about all I've got for you this week. Seriously. That cold I was whining about last Sunday is still hanging around. It even made me miss book club on Tuesday and you know how much I love being with that group of ladies. At this point, I'm just hoping this crap is gone before I get on a plane later this week!

Last Week I:

Listened To: I'm still listening to podcasts. This week I listened to episodes from Annotated, Criminal, Happier, Futility Closet, and Nerdette. I

Watched: While the television's been babbling away all week, I can't say that I paid much attention to most of it. I watched The Voice and this morning I watched my usual Sunday morning lineup of shows: CBS Sunday Morning followed by Meet The Press.

Read: I did get some reading done this week while I was curled up on the couch and will, finally, have a couple of reviews for you this week. I've pulled something off my bookshelves to read this week instead of moving on to my next Netgalley read on my Nook. I needed to have an actual book in my hands!

Made: I have only made two meals this entire week - chicken and noodles one night and a hearty breakfast for my gang yesterday morning before they headed off to Nebraska footballs Spring Game. Otherwise, The Big Guy did all of the cooking last week.

Enjoyed: Yesterday I got a call from a friend I haven't spoken to in fifteen years. She lives in Dallas now so we have arranged to get together when we are there next weekend. Before she left Omaha, we spent part of almost every day together; but, as people do once there are miles between them, we lost contact. Yesterday felt like we were back in her kitchen, having our fifth cup of coffee, and solving the world's problems. I can't wait to see her!

This Week I’m: 

Planning: Our trip to Texas! The suitcases are out and things are starting to get set out on them. I think I've finally bought everything I need for the trip. Although, you never know - I might decide I need something else new to wear!

Thinking About: Gardening. I couldn't resist some plants at Costco the other day which will be the inspiration for the rest of my flower beds this year. We've also got some plans to redo our vegetable beds and for a compost area.

Feeling: Sassy. I got my hair done yesterday and I now have some violet red in it that I am loving. I wish I could get a decent pic to show you!

Looking forward to: Seeing my family, especially Mini-me and Ms. S, and to see my nephew get married.

Question of the week: Tell me something you've forgotten when you've taken a trip and how you solved the problem. A couple of years ago, I went to get dressed for a wedding and realized I had no pantyhose, necessitating an emergency trip to Walmart that I really didn't have the time for. I trooped into the store in my yoga pants but with my hair and makeup all wedding ready! I've got lists of my lists so I think I'm in great shape but there always seems to be something I realize at the last moment I don't have.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great trip! Hopefully the weather in Texas will be warmer. :-) I've been watching The Voice this season as well. Right now I have North Woods Law on (Animal Planet), but am not paying too close attention. I bet your hair looks great! I need to go in and get my hair down. It's in bad shape. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to Dallas, I can guarantee you'll be able to find anything you've left behind. Big city. Ha! Enjoy your time here. The weather should be decent and maybe you'll see some of our wildflowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I can't think of anything I've forgotten. I am such a nutjob with packing I usually take WAY too much.

    You sound very over your weather. I wish I could give you a little of mine. It's too damn hot and I am cranky. 90 in April is not a good sign of the summer to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot makeup brushes and my toothbrush one time and I set my poor husband over to Wal-Mart late that night when I discovered it. I'm much more careful now! Enjoy your trip to Texas and seeing your friend! I've had my TV going quite a bit lately too but haven't really paid that much attention to it either. I have been enjoying The Voice this season though. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete