Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Life: It Goes On - May 1

Happy May Day!

So Dallas happened. I'm finally finding the energy to return to real life and have gotten laundry pretty well caught up.

What a great weekend we had! Lots of time with family and lots of eating. Our hotel had complimentary cookies and milk in the evenings. It's my new favorite thing for a hotel to do. We sort of took over the second floor of our hotel in the evenings and the breakfast cafe in the mornings. The cafe had a cream cheese croissant that I may have had every morning (yes, yes, I did have it every morning). We also got to spend time at the newlyweds' house and at the bride's parents' house playing in their pool. And now Miss H is trying to talk us into a pool in our backyard.

 Also, there was a wedding! All of my kids were together for the first time since Mini-me and Ms. S got married last summer which made this mama's heart so happy. There were almost as many tears as there were smiles. My parents got to have a special dance, everyone looked great and had a wonderful time, the venue was beautiful, and we got doughnuts to take home for breakfast! Sadly, I forgot the photos we took in the photo booth.
We did a little sightseeing, as well. My mom, who's from a very small town and has never spent much time in big cities, spent a lot of time looking up. My sister-in-law was almost as entranced by the Book Depository museum as my history teacher dad was. The giant eyeball mesmerized my hubby nearly as much as it creeped out Miss H and my nephew. We ate at some really good places and also managed to get our first taste of Whataburger (I gotta tell you, I don't get the attraction).

One thing I did not end up having time for was meeting with my long-lost friend or getting to meet any of my blogging friends. Next trip!

This week it's time to finish plans for the next bridal shower my mom and I are hosting, meet with some friends for happy hour tomorrow, get caught up on book reviews, and start getting flowers into the pots outside.

What's on your agenda for the week?

(Photo credits include Nile K, Lora H, Miss H, and The Big Guy)

4 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful weekend with family! I love those pictures. The giant eyeball is creepy but it would be fun to see in person. I've only been to the airport in Dallas but I know it's one of their big cities there in Texas. Thanks for sharing your wonderful weekend.

    My agenda involves getting caught up on blogging. It's been a harrowing two weeks and I'm depressingly behind all the things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I never understood the Whataburger attraction either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, Lisa. I am so glad the wedding went well!

    ReplyDelete